Stage Aurora NY is incorporated in the State of New York, and the State of Florida, with two separate EIN #’s
- To produce theatrical works that best exemplify Black and Faith-based Theatre
- To serve underserved communities and diverse audiences
- To collaborate and share with existing theatrical organizations both locally and nationally.
- To develop a multicultural audience that best exemplifies the standards of Stage Aurora as an institution of the essence of the human experience.
- To serve as an establishment and foundation for the creation and growth of new works of new artists, writers, directors, musicians, lyricists combined with new ideas and concepts exploring creativity and innovations in theatrical production.
Our mission is 'to enlighten the mind by way of the Arts through faith-based works and the African-American experience'.
We have produced 200+ productions since our founding years. Among the productions are Pulitzer Prize Winners Driving Miss Daisy, To Kill A Mockingbird, Fences, The Piano Lesson,and the Tony Award Winners The Color Purple, Dreamgirls, The Wiz, and A Raisin in the Sun. Other classics include Crowns, Miss Evers' Boys, Mama, I Want to Sing, Disney's High School Musical, and a community favorite Darryl Reuben Hall’s Frat House.Critics have praised our works as Lorraine Hansberry’s A Raisin in the Sun ‘was both splendid and captivating’, Langston Hughes’ Black Nativity“All color and life and unbelievable, this is a miraculous spectacle of Biblical and artistic proportions”; Tom Stolz’s Mahaliaas ‘an exceptional masterpiece’, and Darryl Reuben Hall’s Frat House “impressively choreographed, energetic, and lots of fun, 5-Stars!
Sources of funding have included, but not limited to, Actors' Equity Association, National Alliance for Musical Theatre, Queens Council on the Arts, National Endowment for the Arts, matching gift support from Open Society Institute, Florida Division of Cultural Affairs, City of Jacksonville, Harlem Community Development Corporation, Jacksonville Children’s Commission, Florida Humanities Council, PNC Bank, Cultural Council of Greater Jacksonville, IMS Engineers, Jaguars Foundation, and the Delores Weaver Fund.
Our Children Outreach continues with the Annual Performing Arts Summer Institute, Aurora Lecture Series, 100 Youth Voices, and the Schools Matinee Series.
Join us as we strive to produce ‘Theatre that Enlightens’ in New York!